To create and develop an excellent resource center to serve both national and international communities for advance research in Mathematical Sciences, Mathematics Education, Theoretical Physics, Computer Science and Statistics as trends unfold in scientific world.
To continually provide relevant servicesthat will improve research, teaching and learningof mathematics and related sciences at all levels of education.
Quality Objectives of the Library
- To initiate policy, procure, process, organize, disseminate and preserve the collections for optimal use.
- To support, enhance and collaborate in the instructional, research and services activities of participants and staff.
- To provide links to relevant academic resources through the internet.
- To provide resources and services to non-NMC clientele only to the extent possible within the rules and regulations.
Cataloguing and Classification: To process of items to facilitate storage, shelving, retrieval and circulation.
Circulation: Provide guidance on the use of information resources (catalogs, databases and electronic journals)
Serials: Responsible for all functions related to obtaining and making periodicals available to users.
ICT: Expedite the systematic development of procedures to collect, store and organize information in digital form.
- American Institute of Mathematics
- Intech Open Book: Access to eBooks on topics to science and engineering
- Bookboon Access to variety of eBooks in science related fields
- MIT eBooks – Access to a large variety of books in Science related fields
- Cornell University Library: Access to Science related ePrints
- Free Book Centre: Access to free books in Science related fields
- IT eBooks: Access to free books in Information and Communication Technology
- Open Textbook Library: Access to free licensed books in all fields
- Elsevier Open Access Journals
- Mendeley: A Free reference manager and academic social network
- African Journal Online
- Directory of Open Access Journal – Access free journals
- Open Access Thesis and Dissertations
- Networked Digital Library for Thesis and Dissertation
- Sage Publishing
- Bentham Open Access: Access to journals in fields of science, technology and medicine
- ABC Chemistry – Directory of Free journals in Chemistry
- Institute of Education learning: Access to journal on educational sciences
- Stanford Archive: Access to a large set of free scientific publication plus additional free publication site access
- OMICS International: Access to scientific research and peer reviewed open access journals
- Scientific Research Publishing: Access unlimited not only to open journals but academic books and conference proceedings
- OpenDOAR: Access to links open repositories in the world
- Scopus Free Lookup on Authors